by Tim Hughes | @Timothy_Hughes
Time and time again, we talk to organisations where the sales people get “social” and want to try social selling but are held back by management.
Often these very same sales people, have read my book and have run their own pilots, proven it out and still they are blocked.
If you are a follower of my writing you will know that we have proven that:-
- You can get higher faster with social selling as opposed to cold calling
- There is a clear ROI with people increasing (incrementally) revenue vs legacy sales methods
- You don’t piss off your prospects by using social over cold email and cold calling
- Social selling is more efficient, so you can get more leads, more meetings and more revenue than cold calling
If you don’t believe me, all of these points have been covered in my book “Social Selling – Techniques to Influence Buyers and Changemakers” available on Amazon as well as on our blog http://www.social-experts.net/blog/
We are also more than happy to come and talk to you and your management team and I know (certain NDAs aside) our clients will be happy to talk with you.
When This Has All Been Proven Out Why Are There Still Laggards?
So why do companies still:-
- Block people from using social?
- Continue to spend money on cold calling training and telesales companies?
- Believe the cold calling gurus (who of course have a vested interest) so they can cling to the past?
- Keep banging their heads against a brick wall?
- Prefer methods that get less leads, meetings and revenue than social selling?
Call to Action
This has to stop.
Nelson Mandela said …
“Sometimes it falls upon a generation to be great, you can be that generation”
It has to come to the point where as sales professionals it is right to use the demand generation processes that are most efficient and the most effective. The methods and tools that will get us the most leads, meetings and revenue.
We also want to be evert present with our prospects and customers as we work them through our pipe, so we have the chance to not only make our number but to exceed our number!
Not cold calling isn’t wet, weak or any other macho stereotypical, it is the most efficient, effective and most likely for us to make our number.
So the time has come to rise up and tell our managers, this is how we want to work.
Join the rebellion!
People who read this article also read these: