13 Things to Ask Your Sales Department
By Tim Hughes | @Timothy_Hughes
Earlier this week we posed a series of questions that sales professionals could ask the marketing team as we head into 2018.
In the interests of balance, here are some questions that sales must answer in the interests of the business.
Ready? Here we go!
- When are you going to take (more) control of your demand generation?
- When will you all be on LinkedIn and Twitter?
- When will you stop believing this fantasy that in 2017 you can call senior people and that c-level people will agree to a 20 min meeting or demo?
- When you get rid of your email databases so that the business can comply with GDPR (or risk the fines)?
- When will you realise that decisions are made by 6.8 people per account, which requires us to scale in the way we work accounts?
- …Throw away those power points that make our pitches sound like everybody else?
- …Stop any activity that is spammy or manipulative. That means everything with the word “hack” in it.
- …Actually use the CRM? Reasons too numerous to outline here.
- …Stop playing on social pretending to sell? Relationships / connections / friends don’t create revenue!
- When will you connect your activity on social with revenue?
- …Use the same language as marketing for leads and wider activities?
- …Realise that marketing automation is actually a sales tool?
- And finally. When will you get interested in who is coming to our website?
What’s your score?
How many did you (or your sales colleagues) get? If you don’t know the answers, or you know someone who might need some help with their research, talk to us today!
Digital Leadership Associates: We are Global Social Media Management Consultancy. We do three things: Social Media Strategy, Social Selling and Social Media Management. Drop us an email or call one of our founders on 00 44 7823 534 557 and let’s talk about how we can make an impact on your organisation.